Sunday, December 5, 2010

how interesting!! (part 2)

A few weeks ago I wrote a post that had some interesting facts in it that I have learned since starting nursing school. Here is round 2:

1) humor stimulates the immune system
2) by the time children reach the age of 3, the brain is 90% of its adult size, and the emotional, behavioral, cognitive, and social foundations are in place for the rest of life
3) your lungs grow until 8 years of age
4) grapefruit juice inhibits metabolism of many drugs causing drug toxicity within 30 minutes of ingestion (in other words, don't drink your medications/vitamins with grapefruit juice! yikes!)
5) incontinence is not a normal part of aging (phew!)

As always, if you have a specific question about any topic I might come across as a nurse, let me know and I will try to find the answer for you. Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment