Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Anxious Thoughts


"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Psalm 139:23


Lord Jesus, I pray for sleep. And forgiveness. Forgive my anxious thoughts. They belong to you. Please store them in your heart and take care of them as I know you will. I must believe in the promises you have given me for provision and love. I know that I am not forsaken no matter how alone I feel. I know your will will be done, even if I worry about the outcome of everything. I know you are guiding me, even though I can’t feel your hand.  My heart is raw tonight. My thoughts have been tumbling together all day. I ache for resolution and contentment. Please remind me of all you have done for me as I fall asleep. Thank you that tomorrow is a new day and I get to start over again with new grace. 


"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:27

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Pslam 94:19




1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jesus for your nearness even when I feel alone. We are your beloved children. May we find shalom in you.

    ReplyDelete