Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Your will be done

I must constantly be reminded that my plans are worthless unless they have God's blessing. I may not understand what those plans are, but I must hope in His promises to me:


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11 [NIV]


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and DO NOT lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6 [NASB, emphasis added]


I know these verses are pretty well known, but I have been holding onto them tightly the last few days. How precious to have the word of God at hand to look at for encouragement! I take that blessing far too much for granted. 


My prayer these days is simple: "Lord, Your will be done in me." 


As Cyprian, the bishop of Carthage said long ago, "We who wish to abide for ever ought to do the will of God who is for ever." 

No comments:

Post a Comment