Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pure Joy!

I am currently sitting on the couch in my livingroom which is right by the front window. Rain is pouring outside. And...I couldn't be happier! I love the sound of the rain (when I'm inside) and since I have nowhere to go, I am totally enjoying it. I know, I know, most people are praying for sunshine, and I am too, but I also love the rain.

I have been on a journey lately of self-realization. I am nowhere near to the end of it, but I am learning so many things about myself. It is so freeing! So it is nice to be able to sit in a dark room by myself and think. I treasure moments like this (they don't happen very often!). Just as the earth is drinking in the rain, I am drinking in the truths God is revealing in my life and I am thrilled to say that I am enjoying it. Some days I feel as though I am drowning, but it is all based on perspective. My prayer over the past few months has been to experience pure joy, no matter life's circumstances. And today, I have it! I feel incredibly humbled and blessed that my prayer has been answered. I have no idea what lies ahead, but I am excited for the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment