Monday, September 27, 2010

NURSING SCHOOL!!!

So as you will see upon reading this, it is around 1:00 am...and it's a school night! My first school night of the year 2010-2011 to be exact. And why am I still up? Because I've been doing homework. Yep. I have homework due on the first day of school. I suppose this is one of the first indications of what the year is going to be like, but I am excited for it all! I just finished so I'll be heading to bed after this (thank goodness!), but I just wanted to let you know that my new journey that I have been anticipating for almost my whole life is beginning and I will try to keep you in the loop as best I can. There will be many things I cannot tell you about (confidentiality and all that), but I will do my best to allow you to go on this journey with me. I also want to take the opportunity to say thank you to my family and friends for encouraging, strengthening, and challenging me to go for this dream. I would probably not be where I am today if it weren't for you! Just one more thing then I'm off to bed...I want to pray for this year and thank God for this opportunity:

"Heavenly Father, thank you so much for making me one of your children and for giving me a burden to love on other people. It is my prayer that as I am able to help others, I can shine Your light in the lives of those I come into contact with. If this is Your will, I pray for endurance, for patience, and for an ever increasing love for hurting people. Lord, I am nervous and excited; I have no idea how I will handle all the stress that has been guaranteed as a part of nursing school, but I pray that with Your help I can use my time wisely and still make time for family and friends. I pray that I would make time to spend with You every day and that I won't forget why I want to be a nurse: to lovingly care for people in Jesus' name. I pray that I would also have an opportunity to represent You to my peers. Make me bold for You. Give me courage to not give up. Help me to learn all I can so that I will be able to effectively care for the people You enable me to treat. I pray in Your name,

Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Carrie. I'll be praying for you this school year :-) Let me know if there are any specific requests or big hurdles you need prayer for.

    Hugs,
    John

    ReplyDelete