Thursday, September 8, 2011

What relief

I keep a prayer journal. When I was little I had a regular diary, but by the time I reached high school, it didn't feel like enough to write "dear diary." So I decided, who better to write to than to my Heavenly Father who is listening and watching anyway? I've kept one now for at least 5 or 6 years, but lately I haven't written in it regularly. I wish I took time every day because it gives me so much peace to write down my worries and thoughts and know that they are safely in the Lord's capable hands. There is just something about actually writing one's thoughts on paper. Praying out loud or in my head just isn't the same for me; sometimes I need the act of physically writing to feel like I am actually communicating what I want and can finally feel free of worry for a little while.

Today is September 9th. The last time I wrote in my prayer journal was August 4th. Yes I've been praying, but I haven't taken the time to write...and it was showing in my life. You may not understand it, but for me (who is a worrier), if I don't write it out, it stays with me and I feel more stressed than I need to, I have nightmares, I sleep badly, I feel behind in life, and my focus becomes about me instead of about my Heavenly Father's will through me. It's just one of those things for me. And its so simple...but I haven't made the time lately. Isn't that silly? I've known all along what I've needed to do, but for whatever reason I told myself that it wasn't what I needed.

So today I forced myself to sit down with my hillsong pandora station playing in the background, and I wrote down my prayers. What relief! I feel so much better already. I feel renewed and refreshed. The Lord really does meet you when you make time for Him.

I start school in a couple of weeks and I don't want to start this school year feeling behind in my life. My goal is to make some time every single day to write out my prayers to my Heavenly Father.

And whoever you are who's reading this...I pray that you find whatever that thing is for you to feel renewed and once again ready to tackle this thing called life. We all need encouragement. We all need a listening ear. Speak to your Heavenly Father. He listens and He will answer in His time.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing and feel the same way! It's the most glorious thing. I'm glad you're so refreshed. What a wonderful feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was exactly what I needed the other day Carrie. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete