Thursday, June 24, 2010

Joy, Peace and Promises


Paul and I took a walk on his family's property today, which is a huge expanse of field and woods. It is a rare occasion that we get to do this (both because Paul doesn't like just walking as much as I do - he prefers to have a goal or be jogging - and because the weather has not allowed it until today!!) so I was really excited. As we walked I decided to pick a few of the wildflowers that grow in the fields and make a bouquet. I felt like a little girl again, just laughing and playing without a care in the world. It seemed so easy out there in the country to not think about all of the things on my "to do" list, about all the worries that usually circle my head throughout the day, about my family, the future, work, etc. I was totally able to relax and just live in joy and at peace, fully aware that I was in the midst of God's creation. It made me think of the Garden of Eden and how amazing it would be if life was still lived in a garden, where you would be free to walk around whenever you wanted and talk to God. One day we will get to do that if we have accepted Christ Jesus as our Savior and I can't look forward to that day enough! But for now, I will be content with the little moments I get in the beautiful creation that surrounds us all and live in joy, at peace with the life I have, and with anticipation for the promise of heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment