Tuesday, July 20, 2010

male and female He created them...

This is a random post, but I just find it so fascinating how women and men interpret things differently! I went to a Love and Respect Seminar (I recommend it!) a few months ago with Paul at our youth group's church, and one of the most interesting themes the entire day was this concept of us hearing or experiencing something and men taking it totally different than a woman would. I was reminded of this just a few minutes ago and I just thought I would share because I found it funny.

I was talking to Paul online right after he had been playing a computer game with his little brother. I asked him, "how's the game?"and his reply was "bad." So I asked him what he meant, and he said "my team got crushed." This is when I remembered how we think differently, because what I meant was "did you have fun?"...who knows why I didn't just say that, but obviously I should have. But then again, I suppose losing isn't fun for a man (so maybe he really did answer my question, just not in the way I expected), whereas as long as I am with people, I have a good time (even if I lose). Whatever. We are different and that is something to be celebrated!

"male and female He created them" Genesis 1:27b

No comments:

Post a Comment