Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Praise God!

"It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. 
The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieced" 
Pslam 119:71-72

I keep a prayer journal in which I pray every day before I open the Word of God. Today I found out I have mono and I wanted to share my prayer with you.

     Lord, You are in control! I am amazed at how often it seems I need reminders of Your being in control and now is no exception. Father, You have willed that I have mono and am unable to work for at least another week and a half. If I wasn't aware of Your plan for my life, I would be bitter and resentful. But praise Your Name that I feel content, even joyful that I have a span of time ahead of me where I can work to refocus my life on You and prepare my heart for this next year, which I know will be an adventure.
     God I pray Your protection on my body, that I wouldn't develop any complications or additional illnesses. Lord, heal my body in the time you desire. Until then, work on me while I have no distractions around me. Capture my heart again and reveal Yourself to me in new ways. I love you, Lord. My heart is overflowing with joy and I am amazed. Help me bless others even through this. You are my King! Thank you for choosing me. Your mercy is new every morning. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment